Last Updated: March 8, 2023
Information We Collect And How We Collect It
While using Alicent, we collect certain information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Information”). The Personal Information we collect or process includes
● Identifiers such as a real name, Internet Protocol address, email address, business name, or other similar identifiers
Avatars or social-media handles
User queries to Alicent
Google authentication information
Records of interactions where the user copies and transmits (pastes) information created by Alicent
● Commercial information such as the subscriptions you purchase from us
● Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as information regarding your interaction with our website such as clicks, videos played, downloaded images, “heatmaps,” and other processor functions.
We collect this information in the following ways:
● We collect Personal Information that you voluntarily provide to us.
● Our servers collect certain information from your browser or device when you use Alicent, sometimes called “Log Data.” Log Data includes information such as your device’s IP address, browser type, browser version, language, connection type, and the time and date of your request.
How We Use Information We Collect
Delivery of Services. We use your Personal Information in order to achieve our legitimate business interest of delivering Services you request or to fulfill contractual obligations to you.
Promotion. We may use aggregated, anonymous collections of Personal Information to promote Alicent’s usage statistics in marketing.
Optimization. We use analytics and usage data to assist us in improving and optimizing Alicent.
To comply with laws and regulations. We may use your Personal Information as we believe necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal processes, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities.
For compliance, fraud prevention and safety. We may use your Personal Information and disclose it to law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties as we believe necessary or appropriate to: (a) protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims); (b) audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements; and (c) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyber-attacks and identity theft.
For any other purpose you consent to at the time of collection. Provided that if we intend to subsequently use your Personal Information for a different purpose, we will obtain your consent for such different purpose.
How And When We Share Information
We may share your Personal Information, for the purposes outlined above, with the following categories of recipients:
Service providers. We share your Personal Information with service providers to enable such parties to perform functions on our behalf and under our instructions in order to carry out the purposes identified above (e.g., information technology services, information storage, security, and statistical analysis).
Business reorganization. We may share your Personal Information with any corporate purchaser or prospect to the extent permitted by law as part of any merger, acquisition, sale of company assets, or transition of service to another provider, as well as in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which Personal Information would be transferred as an asset.
Mandatory Disclosures and Legal Rights. We may share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant, or other legal or governmental request for information. We also share Personal Information to establish or protect our legal rights, property, or safety, or the rights, property, or safety of others, or to defend against legal claims.
We do not sell your Personal Information and will not do so in the future without providing you with notice. We may disclose your Personal Information for the following purposes, which are not a sale: (i) if you direct us to share your Personal Information, (ii) disclosures as part of a merger or corporate transaction, and (iii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law. Similarly, we do not offer financial incentives associated with our collection, use, or disclosure of your Personal Information.
Cookies And Similar Technologies
Necessary Cookies: Enabling features that are necessary for providing you the Services on our Site, such as playing video, authenticating your device, identifying you as being signed in, and keeping track of your account preferences.
Performance Cookies: Allowing us to understand how our Services are being used, to track site performance, track content engagement, and make improvements. This information may include approximate location, device type, browser type, inbound/outbound URLs, and search queries.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.aboutcookies.org, www.allaboutcookies.org, and http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Storage Of Personal Information
Protection Of Your Personal Information
We take our responsibility to protect your information very seriously. While no data transmission is guaranteed to be 100% secure, we use reasonable and appropriate security measures and practices to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and destruction.
We retain Personal Information for as long as necessary for the relevant purpose for which that Personal Information was provided or collected, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting, or other legal requirements). This will at least be for as long as we provide access to Alicent to you.
After you have ceased using Alicent we will retain Personal Information for purposes of tracking Alicent’s overall effect. We may also retain Personal Information where reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations (including law enforcement requests), meet regulatory requirements, maintain security, prevent fraud and abuse, resolve disputes, enforce our contracts, or fulfill your request to “unsubscribe” from further messages from us.
Other Sites, Mobile Applications, and Services
Alicent may contain links to other websites and online services operated by third parties. These links are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. In addition, our content may be included on web pages or online services that are not associated with us. We do not control third party websites or online services, and we are not responsible for their actions. Other websites and services follow different rules regarding the collection, use and sharing of your Personal Information. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of the other websites and online services you use.
Residents Of The EEA, Switzerland, and UK
The following section outlines the privacy rights available to resident of countries in the European Economic Area (“EEA Resident”), Switzerland (“Swiss Resident”), and residents of the United Kingdom per the Data Protection Act 2018 (“UK Resident”, collectively with EEA Resident and Swiss Resident, a “European Resident”). These rights are governed by applicable privacy laws, such as the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). European Residents have additional rights regarding your Personal Information, including:
● Right to Access. You have the right to request copies of your Personal Information.
● Right to Rectification. You have the right to request that we correct any Personal Information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
● Right to Erasure. You have the right to request that we erase your Personal Information, under certain conditions with exceptions provided for by the GDPR.
● Right to Restrict Processing. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your Personal Information, under certain conditions with exceptions provided for by the GDPR.
● Right to Object to Processing. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Information, under certain conditions with exceptions provided for by the GDPR.
● Right to Data Portability. You have the right to request that we transfer the Personal Information that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions with exceptions provided for by the GDPR.
● The right to make a complaint to a data protection regulator. If you are a EEA resident, you can find your local regulator’s contact details here. If you are a UK resident, you can find your regulator’s contact details here. If you are a Swiss Resident, you can find your regulator’s contact details here.
You can withdraw your consent to our collection or processing of your Personal Information at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to such withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your Personal Information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
Exercising Your GDPR Rights
To exercise any of the above rights, you must submit a request to us by email at: [email protected]. Only you, or a person that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. We cannot respond to your request if we are unable to verify your identity or authority. Your verifiable request must include the reference “Request for GDPR Privacy Information” in the subject line and the body of the message must:
● provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify that you are the person whose Personal Information we have collected;
● describe your request with sufficient detail; and
● include an e-mail address or mailing address, as applicable, for us to send our response.
We strive to respond to verifiable consumer requests within 28 days; however, if we require an extension (up to an additional 28 days) we will inform you of this extension and the reason in writing.
California & Nevada Residents
● Right to Request Deletion. You have the right to request that we delete any Personal Information about you that we maintain.
● Right to Request Correction. You have the right to request that we correct any inaccurate Personal Information that we maintain.
● Right to Know What Personal Information is Being Collected. You have the right to request that we inform you of the (i) categories of Personal Information we have collected about you; (ii) categories of sources from which any Personal Information is collected; (iii) business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling, or sharing any Personal Information we have collected about you; and (iv) categories of third parties to whom we have disclosed any Personal Information. The categories of Personal Information collected over the past 12 months and the categories of sources from which we collect Personal Information are outlined in the section above entitled "Information We Collect and How We Collect It.” The business/commercial purpose for the collected information is outlined in the section above entitled "How We Use Information We Collect.” The categories of third parties to whom we have disclosed any Personal Information is outlined in the section above entitled “How and When We Share Information.”
● Right to Access. You have a right to request a copy of the Personal Information that we have collected and maintained in the period that is 12 months prior to the request date.
● Right to Know What Personal Information is Being Sold. You have the right to request the (i) categories of Personal Information that we have sold or shared to a third party and the category of the third party to whom we sold or shared your Personal Information; and (ii) categories of Personal Information we have disclosed to a third party for a business purpose and the category of the third party to whom we disclosed your Personal Information. The categories of third parties to whom we have disclosed any Personal Information is outlined in the section above entitled “How and When We Share Information.” We do not sell your Personal Information to third parties and have not sold Personal Information in the preceding 12 months.
● Right to Opt Out of Sale and Sharing. To the extent we sell or share Personal Information, you have the right to direct us to opt out of that sale or sharing. We do not sell your Personal Information to third parties and have not sold Personal Information in the preceding 12 months.
Nevada (“NV”) law also guarantees that Residents of NV have the Right to opt out of any sale of your Personal Information. We do not sell Personal Information.
● Right to Limit Use and Disclosure of Sensitive Personal Information. You have the right to request that we limit the use of your Personal Information to only uses that are necessary to perform the services or provide the goods. We do not collect, use, or disclose any Sensitive Personal Information as defined in Section 1798.140(v)(1)(L)(ae) of the CPRA.
Under the California “Shine the Light” law, California residents may opt-out of a company’s disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for its direct marketing purposes, to the extent we disclose your Personal Information to third parties for such purposes. As detailed above, you may choose to opt-out of our sharing of your Personal Information with third parties for marketing purposes at any time by submitting a request to us by email or phone. It is important to note that this opt-out does not prohibit disclosures made for non-marketing purposes.
Data Collected From Minors
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 13 years of age. If we learn that Personal Information from users less than 13 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account or cancel the order and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 13, please contact us at: [email protected].
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at [email protected] or by mail using the details provided below:
77 Berry St,
Brooklyn, NY 11249